Job Location Website Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation
The Shuttle Bus Operator-Driver is responsible for the day-to-day transportation service(s) for elderly and frail senior residents and staff residing and working at the five (5) Multi-family properties EHDOC owns and operates within the North Park Village campus under the guidance of the Community Managers and Regional Director of EHDOC. Duties shall include but are not limited to the daily scheduled transportation
service route(s) of frail and disabled senior residents and staff to/ from their respective buildings to other buildings and to the public bus stop located at the main entrance of the NPV campus (5801 N. Pulaski Rd).
The Shuttle Bus Operator-Driver will transport all patron passengers between dedicated hours and identified stop locations. The job is restricted to a particular route within the NPV campus and is not to be conducted on public streets except for when refueling and routine maintenance of the vehicle, and involves: assisting all passengers and staff, answering to passenger questions, communicating regularly with the Community Managers, and obeying all traffic and health and safety rules.
Responsibilities also include assisting all passengers on and off the shuttle bus as required and necessary with use of an ADA accessible wheelchair lift and curb side ramp to ensure the health and safety of all passengers. Other duties include overseeing all required fueling, routine maintenance, cleaning and sanitization of the interior of vehicle, and snow and ice removal as necessary.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License, class “B”.
- Must have good communication skills and work well with seniors.
- Must pass an annual physical examination and a drug test. Must consent to a “random” drug test, which could happen each calendar quarter or at request of EHDOC.
- Must have good customer service skills, be organized, be punctual and efficient.
- Know and obey all laws and regulations that pertain to shuttle bus drivers. This includes proper ways of making seniors obey the community rules and regulations.
- Observe all EHDOC and NPV Campus policies regarding the transportation of seniors and staff.
- Attend all training classes and/or drivers meetings for bus drivers and all other meetings that EHDOC deems applicable and appropriate.
- Insure that all transported passengers observe all laws and policies set forth by EHDOC and the NPV Campus.
- Instruct seniors about safe riding practices, including the safest way of loading and unloading at their particular stop.
- Monitor seniors at all times while on the bus.
- Instruct and supervise emergency evacuation drills of the shuttle bus.
- Fill fuel tanks of bus as needed in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Make daily pre-trip inspections of the bus being used, reporting any defects affecting the safety and/or operation of said bus to the Community Managers.
- Keep the bus clean, sanitized and neat at all times.
- Promote and maintain all Covid-19 PPE protocol at all times of all passengers – no exceptions!
- Report to the Community Manager the following: misconduct on the part of any passenger while on the bus, recommendations from passengers, or complaints from anyone that expresses such complaints.
- Display a cooperative and dignified attitude at all times, treating everyone with patience and consideration.
- Dress in appropriate EHDOC uniform during all working hours keeping it neat and
- Assist Community Managers with other traffic, vehicle maintenance and parking as needed.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Drivers will be exposed to seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather while driving the shuttle bus, loading and unloading passengers, controlling traffic and inspecting all equipment.
- Driver may exposed to vehicle exhaust fumes, dust, odors, petroleum products and ambient noise daily.
- Drivers must be able to:
- Deal with stress from driving, interacting with dissatisfied or abusive passengers in a positive manner.
- Deal with exposure to blood borne pathogens may occur.
- Exert 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move walkers, wheelchairs and other objects.
- Stoop, climb, stand for long periods and perform physical labor, be physically mobile and have stamina to participate in activities, which may be strenuous.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.09 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Overtime: As necessary or required
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Class B CDL (Required)
- United States (Required)
Line of Authority
The Shuttle Bus Operator answers directly to Maintenance Engineer, Regional Director, Community Manager and EHDOC for all duties described herein as well as other duties and tasks that may be assigned/delegated.
Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation and EHDOC Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.