Job Location Website Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation
The Senior Accountant is an assistant to the Director of Finance & Accounting. In general, the work involves checking/matching/researching data and verifying accuracy of accounting documents. The Senior Accountant will internally spot audit various files.
The Senior Accountant will assist the Director of Finance & Accounting with corporate transactions, reconciliations, etc.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review draft audits for approvals.
- Verify adjusting entries and corrective actions.
- Review monthly property financials for accuracy.
- Spot audit property files, for deficiencies such as EIV, certifications, etc.
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Compiles financial information in accordance with GAAP and governmental reporting requirements and prepares reports, prepares work papers and analysis for outside auditors, government entities, and tax credit requirements.
- Uses various accounting systems and software applications to verify and/or format data and/or reports.
- Establishes work priorities.
- Assist and provide support as needed to the Field Operations.
- Assist VP of Finance and Accounting with audits, processing of files for end of month financials.
- Additional duties as assigned by EHDOC.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field is preferred.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or two (2) years of college with courses in accounting, or business or five (5) years of related work experience is required.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems for property management and non-profit entity.
- Experience with financial analysis and review of financial information; bank reconciliations, handling, recording and reconciling accounts payable, fixed assets, rent rolls and budgetary controls and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience with HUD programs and requirements.
- Knowledge of tax credit reporting requirements.
- Verbal and writing communication skills.
- Supervisory skills.
Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation and EHDOC Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.