Job Location Website Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation
Position is based in Jacksonville, AR with responsibility for Arkansas and Louisiana properties.
Elderly Housing Development and Operations Corporation (“EHDOC”) is a nationally known 501(c)3 non-profit affordable housing, developer and management company that owns and manages 56 multifamily residential properties consisting of over 4,400 units in 14 states, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. This position requires the flexibility and the ability to travel, extensively at times, and on short notice.
The Regional Director is responsible for directing and overseeing the overall operations of the assigned residential portfolio. The position requires the candidate provide exceptional customer service to residents and employees, demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills, solid direction with company’s mission, goals and objectives being the primary focus, and provide mentoring, training and support to the site personnel. Candidates must also be well versed in marketing, business administration, financial reporting, compliance and analytical analyzing a property’s performance and budgetary expectations with a goal to produce the maximum NOI and cash flow, reduce operating expenses and maintain and improve the portfolio’s curb appeal and long-term objectives and value. This position will consist of 75% travel throughout the assigned portfolio. The Regional Director must be well-organized, analytical, strong communication and writing skills, goal-oriented and a self-starter
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and enforce company policy and procedures for determining household eligibility for federal, state and local funded affordable housing programs.
- Plan and conduct training of all site personnel on Low-Income Tax Credits (LIHTC), Tax Exempt Bond, HOME, CDBG, FHLB, HUD 202, PRAC and RAD/ PRAC regulations.
- Review rents, utility allowances, household annual income, published maximum program rent and income limits to ensure ongoing compliance and adherence to all imposed program regulations. Notify Vice President of Field Operations of suspected or confirmed instances of fraud or noncompliance.
- Review monthly financial statements with the Community Managers and assist with preparing monthly budget variance and narrative for owner and investors.
- Prepare for and attend annual management reviews conducted by federal, state or local housing agency representatives, lenders, equity partners and compliance monitoring agencies.
- Conduct periodic on-site file audits documenting discrepancies or inconsistencies in applying policy and/or regulations. Explain discrepancies and/or inconsistencies to staff. Direct staff on how discrepancies can be corrected within the company policy guidelines.
- Instruct staff on how to apply policy and regulations consistently. Identify and develop training needs based on discrepancies. Regular follow-up with staff to make sure all corrections are made.Assist with maintaining 100% occupancy by conducting periodic reviews of rental applications, Community Manager’s ability to determine income eligibility of household and insuring that all required documentation is provided and placed in file prior to a household moving in.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of the operations of the Communities assigned.
- Direct supervision of the Community Managers and on-site staff within the portfolio.
- Participate in hiring or termination of site staff (excluding Community Manager).
- Some overnight travel is required.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as it relates to onsite management operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel respond to resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Ensure all residents adhere to the terms of the lease and house rules/regulations.
- Ensure each resident file complies with all regulatory commitments and any other governmental commitments.
- Manage the selection process of residents.
- Review all expenditures and ensue all Communities within their portfolio operate within budget.
- Ensure the Communities in their portfolio have the highest and greatest curb appeal.
- Staff any open positions in their portfolio with qualified employees.
- All management functions for employees reporting to them, including timecard approval, PTO approval, attendance monitoring, reviews, etc.
- Develop annual operating budgets.
- Conduct regular community inspections.
- Evaluate cost efficiency of maintenance operations.
- Manage advertising and marketing plans for the Communities in their portfolio.
- Assist senior staff with updating and maintaining the company’s Compliance Policies and Procedures as part of or in addition to the Management Operations Manual.
- Provide support to site staff on fiscal management.
- Monitor occupancy and provide marketing strategy.
- Monitor Replacement Reserve Accounts.
- Monitor Petty Cash at sites.
- Recruit and recommend vendor service contracts under $10,000.
- Other duties as assigned by EHDOC.
Education and Experience
- Experience managing multiple communities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience working in affordable housing programs including one of more of the following: HUD, PRAC, REAC/ MOR, EIV, LIHTC, Project-Based Section 8, HOME required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Possess HCCP, COS and HUD Certifications and/or Designations•Experience in RealPage [OneSite] Leasing & Rents Software.
- A minimum of three (3) years as a Community Manager.
- Working knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Ability to travel at times extensively and on short notice (approximately 50%).
- Ability to work at a computer either sitting or standing for seven hours daily.
- Ability to work in an office environment and use office machines.
- Effectively communicate in various media forms.
Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation and EHDOC Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.