Job Location Website Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation
The Property Accountant is responsible for day-to-day accountingfor assigned properties.In general, the work involves checking/matching/researching data and verifying accuracy of accounting documents in order to process, balance, record and/or reconcile transactions, data and/or input/output in accordance with established internal guidelines, procedures and practices. Most of the work is executed through the accounting system, which has edits in place to flag improper entries and facilitate the review process. The Property Accountant compiles financial information, processes journal entries, reconciles reports and financial data. The Property Accountant creates and interprets financial statements and reports; and assists personnel on site with accounting related matters.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process, records, classifies and summarizes accounting transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Compile various documents; verify accuracy and obtain authorization for payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Initiates and processes journal entries to various accounts.
- Reconciles sub-ledgers to the general ledger and resolves differences.
- Resolves accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Compiles financial information in accordance with GAAP and governmental reporting requirements and prepares reports, prepares work papers and analysis for outside auditors, government entities, and tax credit requirements.
- Uses various accounting systems and software applications to manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Establishes work priorities.Assist and provide support as needed to the Field Operations.
- Additional duties as assigned by EHDOC.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field is preferred.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or two (2) years of college with courses in accounting, or business or three (3) years of related work experience is required.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems for property management and non-profit entity.
- Experience with financial analysis andreview of financial information; bank reconciliations, handling, recording and reconciling accounts payable, fixed assets, rent rolls and budgetary controls and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience with HUD programs and requirements.
- Knowledge of tax credit reporting requirements.
- Verbal and writing communication skills.
Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation and EHDOC Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.