Job Location Website Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation
- Required technical training:
- Ability to operate janitorial equipment necessary for maintaining the community – floor buffers, vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners, wet-vacuum, pressure cleaners, etc.
- Hands-on, working knowledge of housekeeping, janitorial duties, painting and basic grounds keeping services.
- One (1) year experience in janitorial work.
- Verbal and written language skills in primary language of the property location (i.e. Spanish in Puerto Rico, English in continental United States).
- Understanding and consideration of the type of circumstances associated with working with the elderly and handicapped.
- Ability to take initiative in performing duties
Perform all janitorial services for the community in accordance with the Policies and Procedures set forth by EHDOC. Carry out assigned tasks as assigned by Supervisors, Community Manager, Regional Manager and EHDOC, which is necessary to meet the needs of the community.
This role will be responsible for janitorial duties at three properties: 3844 11th Street SW, 3846 11th Street SW, and 3830 11th Street SW, Canton, OH 44710.
- Working with Supervisor, implement systematic/schedules for keeping all common areas, offices, hallways, lobby areas, common restrooms, laundry room, lounge, elevators, stairwells at a high degree of cleanliness and free from hazards.
- Gather and dispose of all refuse daily from offices, laundry room, lounges, lobby, restrooms, trash rooms and clean trash receptacles.
- Public bathrooms in common areas and offices are to be cleaned daily and checked at minimum twice daily to maintain a high degree of sanitation, an adequate supply of hand soap, toilet paper and hand towels.
- Vacuum all carpeting in hallways, offices, and lobby.
- Spot clean carpet as necessary to maintain overall appearance. Work with Supervisor to devise and implement a regular carpet-cleaning schedule.
- Dust and/or wet mop all vinyl flooring areas. Work with Supervisor to devise and implement regular waxing/buffing of all vinyl floor coverings.
- Clean windows in offices and common areas per schedules. Glass entry doors should be cleaned a minimum of once a day.
- Clean light fixtures in common areas, offices, lobby, etc. on regular schedule and replace light bulbs as needed. All common area exit lights and fire directional lights checked daily for functionality and bulb replacement.
- Maintain an inventory control of all janitorial equipment and supplies. Work with Supervisor to ensure all appropriate supplies are on hand to maintain the building. Maintain all supplies and equipment and secure supplies in proper manner to meet fire codes, etc.
- Participate in make-ready unit turns including painting, carpet cleaning, and general cleaning to ensure that the unit is available for occupancy in the periodestablished by the Community Manager.
- Perform basic ground services – trash and debris removal, sweeping of walkways, etc.
- Assist Maintenance Staff when needed.
Line of Authority
The Janitor answers directly to Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager and EHDOC for all duties described herein as well as other duties and tasks that may be assigned/delegated from time to time by the Community Manager and EHDOC.
Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation and EHDOC Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.