Job Location Website Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation
The Executive Administrative Assistant for Development will provide executive level support and a full range of secretarial and administrative support functions, including prompt, courteous and effective written and verbal communication with internal and external staff, architects, engineers, general contractors, investment partners, lenders and attorneys to ensure the smooth and effective administration of the development department’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the EAA will also work closely with the Development Analyst towards the successful completion of affordable housing real estate development projects from inception through financing, construction completion and lease-up, increasing the organization’s community and mission impact, with a focus on long-term sustainability and achievement of the organization’s production and financial goals.
- Provides high-level executive and administrative support with the utmost of confidentiality.
- Manages complex assignments and tasks, including scheduling, negotiating appointments and meetings and organizing associated and supporting documentation along with follow up to ensure project closure.
- Manages travel arrangements.
- Coordinates effective meetings by organizing and collating meeting agendas, providing confidential minute taking and distribution and coordinating follow up actions.
- Maintains organized filing systems for recording and storing information.
- Prepares correspondence and prepare briefing packs, reports and papers.
- Ensures that the Vice President of Development and Development Analyst have adequate administrative support.
- Works independently and within the development department on special non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Assists in organizing office functions, activities and communications; assure efficient workflow and office operations.
- Creates an environment for success through good communication and team building.
- Supports the building of positive relationships across the organization.
- Demonstrates leadership by remaining knowledgeable regarding current best practices and integrates this into all aspects of role.
- Previous construction and accounting experience preferred.
- Education and experience should be equivalent to two (2) years of administrative support in a business related field.
- Experience working with executive level staff is essential.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent communication, organizational and people skills, with an exceptional close attention to details.
- He/she must also have experience working with and collaboration with development industry professionals and must demonstrate integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently and confidentially.
- The successful candidate must be mature, service oriented and an excellent team member with the ability to juggle multiple priorities with shifting agendas.
- The successful candidate must also be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, and web technologies.
- Demonstrates understanding and endorsement of EHDOC’s Mission, Vision and standards of Excellence.
- Demonstrates respect and value of other staff’s choices, decisions, and preferences, accepts diversity in others, and treats all individuals equally and with respect.
- Demonstrates personal integrity, credibility, and flexibility within the scope of position responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand, interpret, and uphold EHDOC policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize a wide range of appropriate knowledge, skills, and attributes to achieve desired outcome and to incorporate new knowledge and skills into work performance within scope of the job responsibilities.
The ideal candidate must also have excellent customer service skills, be well organized with an attention to detail, multi-tasker, problem solver, be able to quickly adapt to a changing environment and have effective oral and written communication skills.
Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation and EHDOC Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.