EHDOC’s Community Action Program (CAP)
Get Involved In Your Community
Here are examples of CAP programs that our Residents have achieved by working together at our EHDOC Communities:
• Emergency Food: A Senior Relief Fund was established to collect and distribute food to isolated Seniors during power failures, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
• Teddy Bears for Cops: Residents collected and decorated teddy bears that were donated to local police departments. The bears were carried in police cars and given to traumatized children at accident sites, domestic violence situations, and other crisis events.
• Fire Safety: A local fire station involved Residents in programs on fire safety prevention and emergency training.
• Woodshop for Seniors and Kids: Residents met weekly with disabled children and young adults from a local school and used the facility’s workshop to make small wooden items, such as bird houses or shelves.
• Advocacy: Older residents were involved in a variety of advocacy efforts to maintain local bus routes, secure parking spaces, and seek adequate health care.